With the window and door frames looking 75% better Shane put on the undercoat.
It wasn't until we separated the screen door from the solid door that we realised the reverse louvers needed an undercoat as did the underside of the front fold down awning which was heavily pitted. More sanding needed there too. And heavens that aluminium screen door had succumbed to the same oxidisation as its frame and the windows.
I still wanted all the aluminium surfaces to be that 25% better and it was bothering me. So I googled and came up with the following :
Bi Carb Soda and Peroxide - left a gritty powdery finish and was difficult to remove from the ridges on the window frames.
Brasso - Very messy. The smell brought back memories of cleaning the brass pots and ornaments that I had collected and had on display in my very first house. What a job keeping those treasures clean and shiny. They are no longer with me 🙃
Gumption - Removed the grit on the door and after polishing a bit came up quite shiny.
Silver Polish - Turned everything black and after polishing showed a slight improvement.
Stainless Steel Polish - Epic Fail
Silvo - We have a winner !