Shelves, Cupboards and lots of Painting

I'd picked out a base colour for the walls and upper cupboards and a choice of 2 colours for the upper cupboard doors. The brown laminate needed to be sealed, the now exposed laminated walls needed to have the staples removed and the holes filled and sanded and then sealed ready for the Top Coat.  I was keen to get the Ceiling installed whilst waiting for the flooring to arrive.  At this point it had taken 4 weeks and still no flooring. The upper cupboards and walls would need to be painted so the ceiling could be glued up. It was taking FOREVER !!! 

 

In the meantime I was having the same problems as I did with Annie's reno -  finding a tradesman to build and install cabinets.  The fellow who built Annie's cabinets had so much work on that he was unable to assist. I finally found someone who could handle the job, but with the flooring not even in the country, I would have to put off any major work until they arrived. I also decided that installing the ceiling panels would have to wait till after the cabinets were installed.  Sawdust and the chance of them being dislodged by wayward timber was foremost in my mind.   Waiting . . . . waiting . . . . 

 

So it was back to what I could achieve in the short term, which was a lot of painting.

Goodbye brown laminate

So many staples

Sanding and filling

Undercoating

Going with Green

More undercoating

They fit yeh !

Addressing the leaks

Dear Leaks,

 

Please be gone.

 

The leak we had at the beginning of the reno has been fixed but since then another couple have sprung up. There was a section of water damaged but dry wall under the kitchen window. PVA glue to harden and Polyfilla to fill. Problem solved . . . . then it rained.

 

We had another leak onto the shelf at the front under the left window. Pretty sure it's from the wind blowing rain up under the window . . . well hoping that's it.

Patching up

Filling up

Undercoating

And then it leaked

Aaaargh !

Light fittings and other cool stuff

The 12 volt lights under the cupboards and the 2 on the ceiling had seen better days.  My trusty can of Antique Copper Rustoleum came to the rescue once again. They all came up a treat as well as a louvred cover for the kitchen vent, the curtain rail holders and some Tea Light Lanterns which are just so cute.